Castor oil is one of the most versatile plant oils. It is now becoming one of the most sought after plant oils, owing to its rich properties and a variety of end uses. The various grades of castor oil and its derivatives are being used by many industries from pharmaceuticals to lubricants. The global market for generation II and III castor oil derivatives is estimated at US$ 800 and US$ 400 respectively.
As new emerging sectors like biopolymers and cosmetics have started using castor oil derivatives in their products, the potential for these derivatives to play a much larger role in world economy could increase dramatically.
While the importance of castor oil derivatives has increased recently, there is no comprehensive report that addresses all important aspects of castor oil derivatives. CastorOil.in, the premier online resource for all information about castor, has hence brought out this report to assist all the professionals in the industry.
Who will benefit from this report?
Entrepreneurs and industry professionals keen on exploring and venturing into various castor oil derivatives will benefit from this report.
What is this report all about?
- provides inputs on the brief manufacturing process of key castor oil grades and derivatives
- provides latest updates on the current and future market potential of castor oil derivatives
- provides stakeholders with a list of major producers of castor oil derivatives and its current and emerging applications
An insightful comprehensive castor oil derivatives report provides precise inputs for the following questions
- What is the current and future potential for castor oil derivatives?
- What are the various derivatives of castor oil and their applications?
- What is the brief manufacturing process of key castor oil grades and derivatives?
- What are the prominent companies worldwide for castor oil derivatives?
- What is the status of castor oil use in biopolymers production?
- What are the demand and supply scenarios and the market potential for the various derivatives of castor oil - now, and in future?
- What is the scenario of the castor oil derivatives industry in India?
- What are the predictions for the future with regard to challenges, possibilities and breakthroughs?
- What are the prominent ventures and partnerships happened in recent years?
- What are the next steps an entrepreneur should take should she/he be interested in exploring further?
Castor oil derivatives dealt with in this report
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil (HCO)
- 12 Hydroxy Stearic Acid (12 HSA)
- Methyl 12 HSA (Hydroxy Stearate Acid)
- Blown Castor Oil
- COLM (Urethane Grade)
- Commercial Grade
- European Pharmacopia
- Extra Pale Grade
- Pale Pressed Grade (PPG)
- First Pressed Degummed
- Special Grade (First Special Grade (FSG)
- United States Pharmacopia (USP)
- Industrial Castor Oil
- Dehydrated Castor Oil (DCO)
- Ethoxylated Castor Oil
- Ricinoleic Acid
- Methyl Ricinoleate
- Sebacic Acid
- Heptanoic Acid
- Heptyl Alcohol (Heptanol)
- C 11
- Undecylenic Acid
- Undecanoic Acid
- Undecylenic Aldehyde
- Undecylenic Alcohol
- Calcium Undecylenate
- Zinc Undecylenate
- Allyl Undecylenate
- Sodium Undecylenate
- Methyl Undecylenate
- Ethyl Undecylenate
- C 18
Existing markets and applications for castor oil derivatives
Emerging market segments and new uses
|Plastics and Rubber|
Polyamide 11 (Nylon 11), Plastic Films, Adhesives, Coupling Agents, Polyols, Synthetic Resins, Plasticizers
Surfactants, Viscosity Reducing Additives, Flavourings, Food Packaging
|Cosmetics and Perfumeries |
Perfumery Products, Lipsticks, Hair Tonics, Shampoos, Polishes, Emulsifiers, Deodorants, Antidandruff
Flypapers, Defoamer, Water Proofing Additive
Antihelmintic, Cathartic, Emollient, Emulsifiers
|Electronics and Telecommunications |
Polymers for Electronics and Telecommunications, Polyurethanes, Insulation Materials
|Paints, Inks and Additives |
Inks, Plasticizer for Coatings, Varnishes, Lacquers, Paint Strippers, Adhesive Removers, Wetting and Dispersing Additives
Textile Finishing Materials, Dyeing Aids, Synthetic Detergents, Surfactants, Pigment Wetting Agents
Hydraulic Fluids, Heavy Duty Automotive Greases, Fuel Additives, Corrosion Inhibitors, Lubricating Grease, Aircraft Lubricants, Jet Engine Lubricants, Racing Car Lubricants
|Biopolymers||Diverse end uses for PA and PUR inAuto componentsApparelElectronics|
|Personal Care||Natural exfoliation (HCO beads) as alternatives to plastic micro particles (PE and PP)Premium deodorants, lipsticks, sunscreen lotions|
|Health & Pharma||Neuro-protective ingredients|
|Others||Flame retardantsTextile accessoriesSub-components in solar panels and wind turbinesOptics|
What is exclusive about this report?
There is no other comprehensive report available for castor oil derivatives anywhere in the world. This is the first of its kind, and currently, the only one.
CastorOil.in has been interacting with a number of castor oil industry participants for many years now. This list includes manufacturers and processors, castor bean cultivators, castor oil and castor oil derivative chemicals users, economists, machinery suppliers and trade bodies. Using this collective intelligence and inputs gained over these years, CastorOil.in has prepared this comprehensive report.
- It answers the most important questions that entrepreneurs, investors and businesses have regarding castor oil derivatives
- It provides authoritative and critical inputs on one of the most versatile crops in the world
- It informs you in great detail about the various derivatives of castor oil, their production methods and their end-uses
- It provides insights from industry professionals worldwide.
- It has been developed by CastorOil.in, the definitive and most referenced resource for the castor oil industry
The goal of the Comprehensive Castor Oil Derivatives Report is to present an objective status report on the current and future potential of the castor oil derivatives industry. Written by professionals who have been observing the industry for many years and who interact continuously with all the key industry players, the report will assist you to clearly understand the potential and prospect of the industry
.List of Contents
Chapter 1 – Castor Oil Derivatives – Manufacturing (Brief manufacturing process for key castor derivatives, chemistry and properties)
1.1 Brief Manufacturing Process for Key Castor Oil Grades and Derivatives
1.1.1 Castor Oil Grades and Derivatives Production
1.1.2 Machinery Required for Castor Oil Derivatives Production
1.1.3 Chemical, Physical Properties and Specifications of Castor Oil Grades and Derivatives
1.2 Indicative Costs for Setting up Small and Medium Scale Castor Oil & Derivatives Manufacturing Plants
Chapter 2 – Castor Oil Derivatives Market (Insights on current and future demand/supply estimates, consumption and import/export of various castor oil derivatives)
2.1 The Castor Oil Derivatives Market
2.2 Supply and Demand of Castor Oil Derivatives
2.2.1 Castor Oil Derivatives Supply Data
2.2.2 Demand and Consumption of Castor Oil Derivatives
2.3 Indian Castor Oil Derivatives Industry
2.3.1 Castor Oil Derivatives Exports – Historical Scenario
2.3.2 Castor Oil Derivatives Exports – Current Scenario
2.3.3 Castor Oil Derivatives Imports
2.4 Demand-supply Estimates for Castor Oil Derivatives
2.4.1 Current Demand-supply Estimates for the Various Grades of Castor Oil and Derivatives
2.4.2 Future Demand-Supply Estimates for the Various Grades of Castor Oil and Derivatives
Chapter 3 – Castor Oil Derivatives – End Uses
3.1 Current End Uses for Castor Oil and Derivatives
3.1.1 End Uses - By Castor Oil Grade / Derivative
3.1.2 Castor Oil & Castor Oil Derivatives Uses - By Industry
3.2 Future Possible End Uses and End User Industries for Castor Oil and Derivatives
3.2 .1 Biopolymers and Castor Oil
3.2 .2 Cosmetics and Castor Oil
3.2.3 Other Possible Future Uses
Chapter 4 – Prominent Partnerships and Ventures
Chapter 5 – Castor Oil Derivatives Distribution and Logistics
5.1 Castor Oil Derivatives – Storing and Packaging
5.1.1 Castor Oil Derivatives Storage
5.1.2 Castor Oil Derivatives Packaging
5.1.3 Castor Oil Derivatives Shelf Life
5.2 Castor Oil Derivatives Transportation and Logistics
5.2.2 Cargo Handling
5.2.3 Density and Volume Expansion
5.2.4 Cargo Securing
5.2.5 Risk Factors and Loss Prevention
Chapter 6 – Prominent Castor Oil Derivatives Producers
6.1 Producers in India
6.2 Producers in China
6.3 Producers in Brazi
6.4 Other Producers and Suppliers
The price of the report is US$ 1350
Interested in Purchasing Castor Oil Derivatives Report?
Send a note to [email protected]