Blown Castor Oil
Blown castor oil
Blown or oxidized castor oil is prepared by blowing air or oxygen into it at temperatures of 80 1300C, with or without catalyst to obtain oils of varying viscosity.
Blown castor oil is a potential replacement for phthalates and is used primarily as a plasticizer for lacquers, inks, adhesives, hydraulic fluids and leathers. This special grade castor oil seems to be better performing as a plasticizer for celluloid and in lacquers than ordinary castor oil.
The application potential of the product is currently in the phase of expansion which places its supply-demand at 5000-15000 MT per annum.
- Blown castor oil is a castor oil derivative that has a higher viscosity and specific gravity than natural castor oil. These properties are induced by bubbling air thorough it at elevated temperatures.
- Blown castor oil finds use as a plasticizer for inks, lacquers and adhesives.
Castor Industry Reference & Resources
About Mr. Castor Bean
- Castor Bean, Castor Oil Plant Ricinus communis
- The Castor Bean
- Castor Bean Definition & Much More from Answers.com
- Development of Castor Bean Production in France
- Castorbean Castor Bean Plant Information from Cornell University Database
- Ricin Toxin from Castorbean Plant
- The Castor Bean Trees, Shrubs Page
- Energy in a Castor Bean
- Ricin Toxin from Castor Bean Plant, Ricinus Communis
- Safety MSDS Data for Castor Oil
- Castor Beans & Castor Oil
- Castor Oil Plant Herb Profile from Botanical.com
- Castor Oil Plant Info
- Castor Oil Uses
- Castoroil and its Chemistry
- Castor Bean Information from Commodity Research Bureau
- High-tech Castor Plants May Open Doors to Domestic Production
- Castor Oil May Take on New Duties
- Wikipedia Castor Oil Info
- Amazing Castor Oil Ancient Remedy, Modern Healer (PDF)
- Castoroil Plant Description from Queensland Government Web Site (PDF)
- Castor Oil Stories Castoroil Anecdotal Case Reports
Castor Oil Research
Castor Oil & Derivatives Sourcing Directory
Castor Oil > Blown Castor Oil, COLM (Urethane Grade), Commercial Grade, BP, DAB-10, Deodorized, European Pharmacopia, Extra Pale Grade, Pale Pressed Grade (PPG), First Pressed Degummed, Special Grade (First Special Grade (FSG)), United States Pharmacopia (USP), Industrial Castor Oil, Dehydrated Castor Oil (DCO), Ethoxylated Castor Oil
Castor Oil > C 11 > Undecylenic Acid > Undecanoic Acid, Undecylenic Aldehyde, Undecylenic Alcohol, Calcium Undecylenate, Zinc Undecylenate, Allyl Undecylenate, Sodium Undecylenate, Methyl Undecylenate, Ethyl Undecylenate