Sulfated/Sulfonated Castor Oil
Sulfonated castor oil
Sulfated castor oil, also known as turkey-red oil, represents one of the earliest chemical derivatives of castor oil.
It is prepared by addition of concentrated sulfuric acid at a controlled rate to castor oil over a period of several hours with constant cooling and agitation of the reaction mass to maintain a temperature of 25-30oC. After acid addition is complete, the reaction mass is washed then neutralized using an alkali solution or an amine.
Being an anionic surfactant, it is an active wetting agent.
It is used in formulating lubricants, softeners, dyeing assistants, in agriculture as organic manure, in paper industry for defoaming, in pharmaceuticals as undecylenate and in paints, inks etc.
Owing to its extensive applications, sulfonated castor oil is having supply-demand gap 5000-15000 MT per year.
A Comprehensive Report on Castor Oil from CastorOil.in manufacturers, derivatives, castor oil chemicals end-uses, castor meal / cake, prices, manufacturing, cultivation, specifications see here all you wish to know about the world of castor, all in one report
Castor Industry Reference & Resources
About Mr. Castor Bean
- Castor Bean, Castor Oil Plant Ricinus communis
- The Castor Bean
- Castor Bean Definition & Much More from Answers.com
- Development of Castor Bean Production in France
- Castorbean Castor Bean Plant Information from Cornell University Database
- Ricin Toxin from Castorbean Plant
- The Castor Bean Trees, Shrubs Page
- Energy in a Castor Bean
- Ricin Toxin from Castor Bean Plant, Ricinus Communis
- Safety MSDS Data for Castor Oil
- Castor Beans & Castor Oil
- Castor Oil Plant Herb Profile from Botanical.com
- Castor Oil Plant Info
- Castor Oil Uses
- Castoroil and its Chemistry
- Castor Bean Information from Commodity Research Bureau
- High-tech Castor Plants May Open Doors to Domestic Production
- Castor Oil May Take on New Duties
- Wikipedia Castor Oil Info
- Amazing Castor Oil Ancient Remedy, Modern Healer (PDF)
- Castoroil Plant Description from Queensland Government Web Site (PDF)
- Castor Oil Stories Castoroil Anecdotal Case Reports
Castor Oil Research
Castor Oil & Derivatives Sourcing Directory
Castor Oil > Sulfated, Sulfonated Castor Oil, COLM (Urethane Grade), Commercial Grade, BP, DAB-10, Deodorized, European Pharmacopia, Extra Pale Grade, Pale Pressed Grade (PPG), First Pressed Degummed, Special Grade (First Special Grade (FSG)), United States Pharmacopia (USP), Industrial Castor Oil, Dehydrated Castor Oil (DCO), Ethoxylated Castor Oil
Castor Oil > C 11 > Undecylenic Acid > Undecanoic Acid, Undecylenic Aldehyde, Undecylenic Alcohol, Calcium Undecylenate, Zinc Undecylenate, Allyl Undecylenate, Sodium Undecylenate, Methyl Undecylenate, Ethyl Undecylenate