2-Octanol from castor oil:
2-octanol (Capryl alcohol) is a monohydric alcohol which is produced as a major product along with sebacic acid in the caustic fusion of castor oil under high temperature conditions.
It is used as a solvent, dehydrater, anti-bubbling and floatation agent etc and also for the preparation of different esters.
Octanol acts a substituent for higher alcohols and as fiber oil.
The site www.CastorOil.in - for extensive information on castor oil and its derivatives, for castor oil research, and for castor oil & all castor oil derivative chemicals suppliers.
A Comprehensive Market Research Report on Castor Oil from CastorOil.in castoroil data, survey on manufacturers, derivatives, castor oil chemicals end-uses, 2-Octanol, Capryl Alcohol, castor meal / cake, prices, manufacturing, cultivation, specifications see here all you wish to know about the world of castor, all in one report
- Synonyms: Capryl alcohol; methylhexyl carbinol;1-methyl-1-heptanol; 2-octyl alcohol
- 2-Octanol is the main raw material for some esters. It is used as a solvent, dehydrater and antibubbling agent.
- In coal industry, it is used as floatation agent
- In farming chemical industry, it is used as floatation agent & as for producing emulsifiers
- In chemical fiber industry, it is used as fiber oil
- In perfume industry, it is used for producing intermediates.
Castor Industry Reference & Resources
About Mr. Castor Bean
- Castor Bean, Castor Oil Plant Ricinus communis
- The Castor Bean
- Castor Bean Definition & Much More from Answers.com
- Development of Castor Bean Production in France
- Castorbean Castor Bean Plant Information from Cornell University Database
- Ricin Toxin from Castorbean Plant
- The Castor Bean Trees, Shrubs Page
- Energy in a Castor Bean
- Ricin Toxin from Castor Bean Plant, Ricinus Communis
- Safety MSDS Data for Castor Oil
- Castor Beans & Castor Oil
- Castor Oil Plant Herb Profile from Botanical.com
- Castor Oil Plant Info
- Castor Oil Uses
- Castoroil and its Chemistry
- Castor Bean Information from Commodity Research Bureau
- High-tech Castor Plants May Open Doors to Domestic Production
- Castor Oil May Take on New Duties
- Wikipedia Castor Oil Info
- Amazing Castor Oil Ancient Remedy, Modern Healer (PDF)
- Castoroil Plant Description from Queensland Government Web Site (PDF)
- Castor Oil Stories Castoroil Anecdotal Case Reports
Castor Oil Research
Castor Oil & Derivatives Sourcing Directory
Castor Oil > Blown Castor Oil, COLM (Urethane Grade), Commercial Grade, BP, DAB-10, Deodorized, European Pharmacopia, Extra Pale Grade, Pale Pressed Grade (PPG), First Pressed Degummed, Special Grade (First Special Grade (FSG)), United States Pharmacopia (USP), Industrial Castor Oil, Dehydrated Castor Oil (DCO), Ethoxylated Castor Oil
Castor Oil > C 11 > Undecylenic Acid > Undecanoic Acid, Undecylenic Aldehyde, Undecylenic Alcohol, Calcium Undecylenate, Zinc Undecylenate, Allyl Undecylenate, Sodium Undecylenate, Methyl Undecylenate, Ethyl Undecylenate
Castor Oil > Sebacic Acid, 2-Octanol