12-Hydroxy Stearic Acid (12-HSA)
12-HSA is produced by hydrogenation of castor oil under high temperatures in the presence of a catalyst.
12 HSA is used in grease manufacture, plastics lubrication and as a raw material for the synthesis of more complex chemicals. It is used as a high hydroxyl castor based wax, as a wax ingredient.
12-HSA based greases have excellent heat tolerance like the sodium greases and the water resistance of calcium greases.
The addition of 12 HSA enhances the overall performance with better texture, improved heat stability and improved dropping points.
12 HSA soaps are used in mineral oil-based multipurpose greases making it possible for grease to fill the requirements of a variety of needs in the automotive and truck greases.
In cosmetics: 12 HSA may be used for gelling liquid petroleum to produce brilliance. It may be incorporated into cold creams and vanishing creams to give a jelly-like feeling.
In paints: 12-HSA is reacted with acrylic esters to produce hard, durable thermosetting polymers used in high-quality automotive, industrial appliance and metal decorative finishes.
In rubbers: 12-HSA functions as an activator and internal lubricant for natural and synthetic rubbers.
- 12 HSA is an off-white solid fatty acid used to manufacture lithium and calcium based lubricating greases. When reacted with an ester, 12 HSA provides a hard finish for the automotive and small appliance industries.
12-Hydroxy Stearic Acid Powder - Standard Grade
Appearance Off White Powder
Colour Gardner 5 Max
Acid Value 175 Min
Iodine Value 4 Max
Hydroxyl Value 155 Min
Saponification Value 180 Min
Slip Melting Point 72 - 780C
Particle Size 99% Passing through 1 mm mesh (Sieve Analysis)
A Comprehensive Report on Castor Oil from CastorOil.in manufacturers, derivatives, castor oil chemicals end-uses, castor meal / cake, prices, manufacturing, cultivation, specifications see here all you wish to know about the world of castor, all in one report.
Complete List of Castor Oil & Castor Oil Derivatives CastorOil.in Can Assist in Sourcing
- Castor Meal
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil (HCO)
- 12 Hydroxy Stearic Acid (12 HSA)
- Methyl 12 HSA (Hydroxy Stearate Acid)
- Methyl Ricinoleate
- Heptanoic Acid
- Heptyl Alcohol (Heptanol)
- Undecylenic Acid
- Undecanoic Acid
- Undecylenic Aldehyde
- Undecylenic Alcohol
- Calcium Undecylenate
- Zinc Undecylenate
- Allyl Undecylenate
- Sodium Undecylenate
- Methyl Undecylenate
- Ethyl Undecylenate
Castor Industry Reference & Resources
About Mr. Castor Bean
- Castor Bean, Castor Oil Plant Ricinus communis
- The Castor Bean
- Castor Bean Definition & Much More from Answers.com
- Development of Castor Bean Production in France
- Castorbean Castor Bean Plant Information from Cornell University Database
- Ricin Toxin from Castorbean Plant
- The Castor Bean Trees, Shrubs Page
- Energy in a Castor Bean
- Ricin Toxin from Castor Bean Plant, Ricinus Communis
- Safety MSDS Data for Castor Oil
- Castor Beans & Castor Oil
- Castor Oil Plant Herb Profile from Botanical.com
- Castor Oil Plant Info
- Castor Oil Uses
- Castoroil and its Chemistry
- Castor Bean Information from Commodity Research Bureau
- High-tech Castor Plants May Open Doors to Domestic Production
- Castor Oil May Take on New Duties
- Wikipedia Castor Oil Info
- Amazing Castor Oil Ancient Remedy, Modern Healer (PDF)
- Castoroil Plant Description from Queensland Government Web Site (PDF)
- Castor Oil Stories Castoroil Anecdotal Case Reports
Castor Oil Research
Castor Oil & Derivatives Sourcing Directory
Castor Oil > Blown Castor Oil, COLM (Urethane Grade), Commercial Grade, BP, DAB-10, Deodorized, European Pharmacopia, Extra Pale Grade, Pale Pressed Grade (PPG), First Pressed Degummed, Special Grade (First Special Grade (FSG)), United States Pharmacopia (USP), Industrial Castor Oil, Dehydrated Castor Oil (DCO), Ethoxylated Castor Oil
Castor Oil > C 11 > Undecylenic Acid > Undecanoic Acid, Undecylenic Aldehyde, Undecylenic Alcohol, Calcium Undecylenate, Zinc Undecylenate, Allyl Undecylenate, Sodium Undecylenate, Methyl Undecylenate, Ethyl Undecylenate